What is Section 8?
- Tenant Based Vouchers – Subsidy Moves with the Tenant (Portability)
- Very Low-Income Households (50% of Median Income Level or Below)
- Find and Lease a Unit with a Private Landlord
- Housing Authority pays Landlord the Remaining Rent with Federal Money
- Rents are Capped by Fair Market Rent for the Area
- Number of Units the Housing Authority can Subsidize is Determined by Congress
- Eligible Participants are Selected from a Wait List on a Annual Lottery Basis.
How do you sign up for Section 8?
The applications are currently CLOSED, please check back with us around July 2017.
Note: Section 8 Lotteries are held on an annual basis and the Section 8 wait list DOES NOT carry over from year-to-year. Applicants need to re-apply each year.
The Brighton Housing Authority (BHA) has conducted the drawing for 2017 lottery below are the results.
Lottery Drawing- December 16, 2016 @ 2:30 PM
Drawing done by: Larry Warner- BHA Commissioner & Dori Benavides- BHA Commissioner
97 538 54 475
56 20 306 489
199 146 372 279
514 516 517
191 11 87
610 540 203
THIS IS THE INITIAL SET OF NUMBERS SELECTED FOR THE 2017 LOTTERY. THEY ARE NOT IN WAIT LIST ORDER. YOUR PREAPPLICATION NUMBER BEING SELECTED DOES NOT GUARANTEE THAT A VOUCHER WILL BE ISSUED.
If your number is listed you will be contacted by mail thirty (30) days. Instructions for continuing the application process will be in that mailing.
*THIS IS THE WAIT LIST FOR 2017 ONLY, THE NUMBERS SELECTED WILL NOT ROLLOVER TO 2018. APPLICANTS NEED TO RE-APPLY EACH YEAR. **