What is public housing?
- Federally Funded Housing
- Owned & Managed by the Brighton Housing Authority
- Extremely Low-Income Households Targeted (30% of Median Income Level or Below)
- Pay no more than 30% of Income
- Must live in Public Housing Units – Cannot take Subsidy with you
- Eligible Participants are selected from a Wait List
How do you sign up for public housing?
The public housing waiting list is currently closed.
There wait list for public housing that carries over from year-to-year. This program is separate and independent from Section 8 and the Section 8 wait list.
The Brighton Housing Authority (BHA) family wait list is CLOSED!
Completed pre-applications MUST be:
- Filled out completely, accurately, and legible;
- Signed and dated by the applicant;
- Returned either in person to BHA offices or by mail;
- Mailed pre-applications must be mailed to BHA at 22 S. 4th Avenue, Suite 202, Brighton, CO 80601.
Qualified pre-applications will be placed on the waitlist and ranked according to local preferences and date and time of submission. BHA currently has preferences for residency, working, educational/training, and Olmstead. Public housing applications generally remain on file from year-to-year and eligible applicants will remain on the waitlist until they are selected for a unit offer.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for the public housing waitlist please contact the office at 303.655.2160303.655.2160